Thursday, September 04, 2014

RDJ And Al Loved Guardians Of The Galaxy

There are many fans of James Gunn's film adaptation of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" (My Review) among them Iron Man Films star Robert Downey Jr. who praised the film while doing press prior to the Toronto International Film Festival



He told The Toronto Sun:

"Galaxy in some ways is the best Marvel movie ever. And it's odd for someone with - on occasion - an ego the size of mine to actually say that. We're talking about how the Iron Mans and the Thors and the Captain Americas and the Avengers movies have afforded Marvel the opportunity to essentially take what was a third-tier, minor, kind of upstart bit of potential from one of their comic books series and say: 'Look!' It's like you have a great quarterback, and his brother plays for another team, and then you say: 'Look, this is their second cousin and we think he has a great arm and he should start.' And then he goes and wins the Super Bowl."

Even acting legend and Godfather Trilogy star Al Pacino gave the flick high praise, telling Deadline:

"It was not something I would readily go see, but my kids got me to go, and one has to draw the line at where prejudice starts and where it ends — that was good stuff. I recognized the ingenious stuff they were doing; the invention, the attractiveness of the way they were performing it. It had Shakespearian feeling to it at times. I was caught up in the big screen, the great sound."

So, would he do a Marvel movie if he were offered?

"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it. And you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything's possible. You know, I did Dick Tracy and I got an Oscar nomination, so come on. I mean, what can I say?"

No comments: