Thursday, September 18, 2014

Brandon Routh Talks "Superman Returns" And "Arrow"

Chatting with The DJ Tanner Show (via ComicBook.com), Brandon Routh says that he's seen drawings of the suit which he will eventually wear as Ray Palmer's alter ego The Atom in the third season of .The CW's popular TV series Arrow.

 
Routh says he's already shot his first six episodes and hasn't put it on yet, but the concept art is all done. Asked how it compares to his "Superman Returns" costume:

"It's a totally different suit and I haven't been in it yet, I've only seen drawings. It's a very different character and I really can't say too much about what the suit's going to look like - just that it's very different and I don't believe it has a cape, which doesn't really surprise anybody if you've seen The Atom in the comics."

Routh says that his character adds some light moments to what is otherwise a "pretty dark world," and his character mostly interacts with Felicity (cutie ) in the episodes he's shot so far.

It's hard to believe but it's been eight years since Routh did "Superman Returns" he was asked what he thinks about the mixed reaction to it:

"It doesn't weigh on me and never really did. I took the job knowing full well that was going to be something that was going to be part of my life probably forever. Thankfully, it's in a good way. I'm proud of the movie and a lot of people enjoyed it so that helps, I guess. And having it be such an inspirational, iconic role, that's a nice thing to carry with me and have it be part of who people see me as."

The third season of "Arrow" premieres October 8th.

No comments: