Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tommy Wirkola Will NOT Direct "Hansel & Gretel 2"

Tommy Wirkola ("Dead Snow") who directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters from a script he co-wrote with “All You Need Is Kill” scribe D.W. Harper told Fangoria he's passed on taking the helm of Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2


"I've just decided to not direct 'Hansel and Gretel 2'. I have been lately attached to a few more things, it's just a matter of time and priorities. I did 'Dead Snow', then 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters', and then  Dead Snow 2 '. I want to do something a little bit different now and not just do sequels. I did write the script and I hope to be involved in it. But yeah, I won't be directing it."

 Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton are tipped but not locked to return as their bounty hunter characters for the follow-up.

Paramount is targeting a 2016 release at the moment.

No comments: