Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Four And Two

IGN recently caught up with writer/director/producer Robert Rodriguez on the set of Predators getting updates on his next two major projects -- Spy Kids 4 and the much delayed Sin City 2



"I've already turned in a script for another Spy Kids, which is a reboot," he told the site. "It's different kids, not the old kids, and that one is really cool. I'd probably do that in the early part of next year – March or April…What I like about this Spy Kids is that it reminds me of the first one where it's not so much about the kids. In fact, it leans more towards the parents because when you become a parent, you get a lot of ideas on where you can put some of this stuff. The story in it is good and that name is just such a name with kids. That's your most loyal audience.[Kids] stop me more than their parents about how many times they've seen the Spy Kids films. I even went back and pulled out my original first script and found some ideas that I couldn't bring to life back then."

As for the Sin sequel--slow as ever...same song different verse.

"I know Frank wants to do it. I know I want to do it. But it's always sort of a time-permitting kinda thing…It's not my next picture, I know that. Doesn't mean that it's not the picture right after. That's still a possibility. There has been a script since 2007," said Rodriguez.

"It's the one that Frank wrote and we have to look at it for now and ask, 'Is this really the one?'…I think it's built up so much, are we really going to satisfy everybody with what we have, should we add to it? It's the thing we've always talked about, but now, two years later – going on three – we'd probably make some adjustments, but nothing that would take a long time."

That's cuz it's already taken forever...!

As to the question of new material VS using already established story lines: "The script was pre-existing [material] with some original stuff added to catch up with some characters."

Dare I even ask about Sin City 3?

No comments: