Monday, July 12, 2010

Jungle Rumble

When I posted the interview with the team behind the indie thriller The Pendant (trailer) last month I gave them an open invite to contribute content for this blog--To that end--director Jason Mayer takes over The Last Reel for his review of Nimród Antal's sequel Predators



I saw this movie Friday morning and waited the weekend to put a review to it.

Over the weekend so many people were ragging on the movie. I don't get why though? I think Rodriguez produced the hell out of a good movie. That's what I'm going to say. He even gave the homage to "Predator" at a lot of spots. Including my favorite Arny line..."Do it now! Do it, kill me!" Classic.

I like how the film was just true to the 1987 flick. It was like a great sequel to the movie. Even the end credit music
[by composer Alan Silvestri-Tom] was the same song they used in the 87 version of when they're on the chopper on their way to the jungle. Great. I love the score to the movie. Wasn't the same EXACT thing but was damn close to the 87 score.

They even mention Arny in one of the lines of the movie.

It was all around a decent flick but some parts I did feel did drag on. Wasn't big on
Fishburne's character.

It was like how
Aliens was to Alien. It had that rebel tone to it. All in all...go check it out...Can't wait for "Machete."

- Jay

As for his movie The Pendant--Watch this space for news soon...!

No comments: