Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Idol Chatter

Chris Pine spoke to MTV about his November 12th pic "Unstoppable"

Pine talks about working with opposite star Denzel Washington and helmer Tony Scott.comparing the runnaway train flick to "'Star Trek'."

MTV: What was your experience like with Mr. Washington and Mr. Scott?

Pine: Well, I grew up watching their movies. One of the first movies I ever fell in love with was "Top Gun," and I’ve been watching Denzel since "Glory," and on and on and on down the line. So, to work with two of my idols was just a dream come true, and I remember a point early on in the process when we all met in Tony’s office in L.A. It was me and Denzel and Tony and we’re kind of shooting the sh– and talking about life, and seeing if our schedules were going to work out to be able to do this movie. And then afterwards, I kind of had this out-of-body experience thing — "I just had a conversation with two of my idols, one of the best actors of all time, one of the best directors of all time. We were talking about maybe doing a film together if our schedules worked out!" [That was] one of those times when you really remember just how lucky you are and how grateful you are to be able to be in the position.

MTV: And for audiences who know you from "Star Trek," what are they going to get out of this film?

Pine: It’s a lot of fun. Like "Star Trek," it has the genetic code of the summer tentpole movie. It’s fun. It’s action-packed, and it’s got some really interesting, complex characters to kind of anchor the whole thing. And Tony always talked about how the movie was like a train. You know, once it gets going, it just does not stop, and Tony doesn’t give you much time to rest or settle in your seat before something happens.



No comments: