Monday, June 06, 2011

New Stardate For Trek 2 Sure Seems Likely

Out promotimg Friday's throwback Super 8 --J.J. Abrams had some interesting things to say about the status of the as yet Untitled Star Trek Sequel...Trek seemed to be brought up wherever he went.

On the script via Dose.ca "The writers are hard at work on it, and I am excited about getting back to it. We are taking our time, though, because I really do want make sure we do something that is worthy of the first one."


He told HitFix "We are still working on story. Some super cool stuff — but I won’t be able to make a decision on directing until we have our script and I know what I’m being asked to direct. As for release date, that is not a concern of mine. Perhaps we could still make the date the studio wants. But we are focusing on making a great movie: the guys I’m collaborating with are the best and we all want the same thing"

He added to CNN: "I’m not so sure, but I know that we’re trying. We’re working on the script and story and doing everything we can to make it well. I would just so much rather make a movie that’s worth people’s time than make a movie that’s on time…I’m not inclined to push it. I’m inclined to make a movie that’s good and if it works out in that timetable then we’ll all be thrilled. If it doesn’t, when the movie comes out it’ll be worth the wait."

Great news concerning 3-D (via CinemaBlend): "I’m not yet considering [3D], but you know, I haven’t gotten any phone call from people in suits. I know what’s good for me."

More on the much discussed June 29, 2012 release date: "I care much more that it be good than it be ready. I’m, obviously doing everything I can to make sure that schedules don’t get screwed up. But I don’t think anyone wants a movie on time that’s not worth your time. We want to make sure it’s done right. The guys I’ve been working with are obviously brilliant so I’m really excited to get back into it."

He told Collider: "I really don’t know [if Star Trek will make its release date], we will see. We are working really hard to try and get that movie made as soon as possible, but we don’t want to rush anything. The worst thing we could possibly do would be to put something into production to make a release date instead of a great movie."

Given that JJ made a point to vocalize more than once his feelings about the timetable I expect the release date to move The question now is to when?



If  Trek 2 gets a new release date G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes will most likely fill that slot

No comments: