Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scary Knight

First he talked about his aborted Superman film...

Now... Brett Ratner reveals what he would do with it if he got the chance to do a Batman movie.

He tells MTV:

As a kid, Batman was my thing. I’m a little jealous that I didn’t get to direct it, although Nolan did a great job. But there are so many characters in the Batman series, so many characters that I love, that the opportunities for spin-offs are endless.”

Did he mean to say sequels..instead of spin-off? I sure hope so because I think his notion is a terrible idea . Even though Bats has a loaded rogues gallery of villains to draw on To build an entire film around them without The Dark Knight around would be a mistake.

Remember Catwoman?

I'm afraid in Ratner's hands we would get a free-for-all ala Batman & Robin...As someone who enjoyed X-Men: The Last Stand more than most...I see where he could be tempted to do another comic book franchise...I imagine TDK in his hands though and a cold chill runs down my spine.

Ratner goes on to suggest Robert Downey Jr. for the Joker in future. flicks...



Now time for a sports break

--You Gotta Believe! Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies on clinching the NL East division title...Again!! Good Luck In The Baseball Playoffs!!!!

The Chicago Bears, who should be 3-0 instead of 1-2 take on the Philadelphia Eagles in a prime-time contest--

Bears won't back down at home against the Eagles today as Eagles' Westbrook, McNabb questionable ....

No comments: