Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Waffles And Waddles

Taking cues from Johnny Depp, Philip Seymour Hoffman states that all the talk about him being cast as The Penguin for the next Bat-flick is just that then sorta flip-flops on the idea.

Speaking to MTV: "No one has talked to me about it ever -- never. It happened, like, five years ago, too. It was a rumor back then and it's still a rumor. [laughs] It's just in the press. It's funny."

"I think I'm more interested in seeing someone else do it. I don't know if I'd be a good Penguin to be quite honest."

Sounds like a no right?

Bur in an earlier chat with The Stone Report that same day Hoffman said he wouldn't rule out the notion...

"All the great work people are doing on it, of course I wouldn't say, 'Well, no, no no.' But I don't know the reality of it, so I wouldn't say 'yes' to you."

My impression is PSH is being non-committal until and if the studio makes it official...The suits privately like all of this talk though cause it keeps the film series in the public spotlight.

No comments: