Monday, May 14, 2012

Reubens Talks New Pee-Wee Film

Paul Reubens told Coming Soon that the new film based on his Pee-wee Herman persona is moving along nicely.

"It's going great. We have a meeting this coming week. We just did a very quick little rewrite on it. As far as I know it's getting shot very soon."

Reubens is co-writing the script with Paul Rust.

Reubens goes on to say that news about the project actually got out earlier than intended - "I actually wasn't supposed to talk about it initially. I was talking about it in this very veiled, secret way going, 'Oh, I wish I could talk about it.' ...It got leaked about six months to a year before it was supposed to."

Judd Apatow will produce the pic which would mark Pee-wee's third big screen outing after 1985's Pee-wee's Big Adventure and 1988's Big Top Pee-wee.

No comments: