Saturday, November 24, 2012

Jay's Holidaze: Maniac (Short)

Nobody Gets Out Alive director Jason Christopher really wants to tell ya about Maniac as his special series continues....

Not really a Christmas movie just a short. I’m obsessed with this short so much and it really hints that Shia LaBeouf is awesome. He’s not a kid any nore, turned into a bad ass. I’m also a huge fan of both Kid Cudi and Cage’s music.

The short follows two serial killers that are being documented with their 12 kills in one night. The short was produced to promote Kid Cudi’s tune Maniac featuring Cage. Now, this is proven to take place during Christmas because of one scene.

I remember Cage (Chris Palko) posting a picture up of the script like a year before this came out and was pretty interested. I thought it was going to be a full length. A year later it was put on YouTube and I was stunned. The makers have to be obsessed with horror flicks and especially, Man Bites Dog. Cool story.

We can see Kid Cudi killing it in the acting scene when he’s not rapping. He was on How To Make It In America; he’s supposed to be in the new Ninja Turtles flick. He’s a good actor. I really like his work. I’m a huge fan of Cage’s music. Preferably his newer stuff. This was the only thing I’ve ever seen him act in and I think it’s the only thing he’s acted in. He’s good friends with Shia LaBeouf so I think he was an extra in Transformers, I forget. After I saw this short I reached out to Cage and was like, I’m writing a part for you and I want to work with you. So, I’m literally doing that right now (I took a break to do this post). I think he could be an amazing actor, I’m gonna push for that…HAH!

This film really shows LaBeouf breaking out of the kid Disney flicks and being mature. I think if he got behind the camera for a full length he’d make a beautiful movie. He directed this short, a Cage music video, and I believe he put together a Kid Cudi video too. Either way, I completely enjoy that dude’s work.

I have to get two scripts done in 13 days…so I’m getting back to work on that. Ciao!


WARNING THE SHORT BELOW IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN



No comments: