Thursday, November 22, 2012

Jay's Holidaze-Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Nobody Gets Out Alive director Jason Christopher returns to talk about his favorite Holiday Films...He begins with a true classic...

It’s only appropriate to kick off the flick fest on Thanksgiving Day for one of the best Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

My favorite actor as a child was John Candy, I loved that dude. And not in a “is that a pillow” type way. Uncle Buck was the stuff. Not only was John Candy amazing but John Hughes was the man as well, and he did nothing but put Candy in his flicks. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles was before Uncle Buck though. The same year I was born, 1987.

The movie is about Steve Martin’s character, Neil, trying to get home in time for Thanksgiving but he  gets stuck with a slob of a cool man, Del – Candy’s role. It follows the two through everything! Run down motels, driving on the wrong side of the road, fun stuff! Although my generation probably doesn't know much about this movie instead they only know about – what I like to call the remake, Due Date. I loved Due Date but c’mon…

I can’t really recall the first time that I saw this movie. Thankfully, I’m getting to see it on the big screen tonight. Happy Thanksgiving .


No comments: