Monday, March 11, 2013

Ruffalo Responds To Hulk Stand-Alone Talk

Having been asked about the recent stand-alone "Hulk" film chatter being included in phase three of Marvel's master plan, actor Mark Ruffalo took to Twitter and said:

"A lot of folks have been asking about the Next Hulk. The next time you see my Hulk it will be in "The Avengers 2. No plans for stand alone. I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring.Just to be totally clear. I did not say there was not going to ever be a stand alone Hulk film. I said there wasn’t one in the works now."


The rumor suggested that we would see Ruffalo's Hulk lost in space. This would allow for the character's solo feature film that would be based on the 2006 comic fan favorite storyline - "Planet Hulk". The story has already been adapted for the small screen in 2010 The plot has Hulk becoming a gladiatorial champion on an alien world..

Meanwhile--Joss Whedon spoke with Deadline recently about the character, calling it "the most difficult Marvel property" to adapt:

"It's always about balance. Is he a monster? Is he a hero? Are you going to root for a protagonist who spends all his time trying to stop the reason you came to the movie from happening? It’s always a dance.I don’t think the first two movies nailed it, but I don’t envy them the task. It was easier to have him in a group than to build everything around him. I don’t think there would be any problem getting a movie together that had enough Banner, even if there was also Hulk.But if he was only Hulk for the entire movie I think Mark at some point would go, why am I here? I would be less inclined to pursue a storyline where the Hulk is only ever the Hulk."

"The Avengers 2" is expected to be in cinemas in 2015.

No comments: