Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Bourne Films: Jeremy Renner Speaks

Plans was announced several weeks back that actor Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass were poised to return to the action film series for an Untitled Jason Bourne Sequel.


Actor indicated last month that another Bourne film with his Aaron Cross character is still in the works--which producer Frank Marshall confirmed. Both indicated a fourth Damon-led Bourne and a second Renner-led one were moving forward as separate entities at Universal Pictures.

In a new interview with Crave Online, Renner says the script for his film is still being polished but he'd love to see the two characters come together:

"No, it's still moving. Yeah, it's still moving. We have our director who's actually run off to do the True Detective series right now, and then while that's happening they're finishing writing the script. I know Greengrass and Damon... well, I've heard have maybe cracked an idea, a reason to continue the Bourne series, which is fantastic. They have created a very exciting universe, and hopefully in my mind I'd love for us to do something together. If not on the next one, sometime very soon. I think that would be really great. I know I want it. I feel like the fans want it as well. I think you pit them against each other, and then they go together against the bad guy. We realize that we're not the enemy. I mean, I think a thousand people can come up with that scenario, but I think you do both. I think that could be really interesting. Mind you, there have been NO talks, whatsoever, creatively about that. So that's just the fanboy in me, I suppose."

No comments: