Monday, October 13, 2014

Michael Keaton Talks About Batman Past


While attending this year's New York Comic Con over the weekend to promote the buzz-worthy flick "Birdman," actor Michael Keaton talked about his turn as Batman. Considering that Birdman is a film about a struggling actor haunted by the super hero role that made him famous, Keaton is  certainly qualified. One big difference over his character is that he has no regrets doing Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns,

He tells Screen Rant:

"Having played Batman and being very proud of playing Batman. I never back off that. The idea was bold, interesting, and cool when Tim made it. I didn't really put it together, Edward did [a superhero movie] too. I just go to work. When I took the original, I was unfamiliar with comic books. I wasn't a comic book reader. [Reading the script he thought], this isn't the way that I see the character but am glad to read it. Then I met Tim the next day, I'm saying [Batman] is this and this, and he was nodding in agreement. So I asked, are they going to make this? Tim said, 'I don't know. Let's find out.'"

Would he ever return to the role? "If it was Tim Burton directing? In a heartbeat."

Keaton also did an interview with EW recently and was asked for his opinion on Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and  Zack Snyder's upcoming "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".

He says:

"Chris Nolan is great, but I've never seen any of the Batman movies all the way through. I know they're good. I just have zero interest in those kinds of movies. I mean, people are asking me, 'Is Ben Affleck going to be any good? And my attitude is, First of all, why would you ask me? Second, he's probably going to be very good, and third, frankly, it's all set up now so that you're weirdly kind of safe. Once you get in those suits, they really know what to do with you. It was hard then; it ain't that hard now."

No comments: