Saturday, October 17, 2009

Back To Basics

Director Sam Raimi! was very chatty this week...

Raimi says they're still working out the "Spider-Man 4" story beats for Peter Parker and once that's sorted out and decided they'll select a villain.



Raimi tells MTV News that the antagonist must serve as an obstacle for the character's growth which will allow for strong dramatic conflict.

As it turns out he didn't like how the villains were crammed together for Spider-Man 3:

Raimi told the print edition of DVD & Blu-Ray Review, “I think having so many villains detracted from the experience. I would agree with the criticism."

Amen Brother...

He then told MTV that he would make Spider-Man 5 and Spider-Man 6 which James Vanderbilt is currently writing:

"Every time I make one of the 'Spider-Man' movies, I have to ask myself, 'Is the character still intriguing to me? Do I love the character? Am I dying to tell the next story of Peter Parker and Spider-Man?' And so far the answer has been yes."

Meantime, Robert Rodat ("Saving Private Ryan") will write "Warcraft," the feature film adaptation that Raimi has been developing.

Raimi tells MTV News that the plan is to "really craft an original story within that world that feels like a 'World of WarCraft' adventure. Only obviously it's very different 'cause it's expanded and translated into the world of a motion picture."

Though it won't use a previously conceived story, Raimi is adamant they "want to be really faithful to the game".

No comments: