Friday, November 25, 2011

LOTR: 3-D One Ring-One Conversion

Elijah Wood told Den of Geek that the "Lord of the Rings trilogy" could be converted to 3-D for re-release sometime in the near future.


"I think it would be cool to see. There's talk of releasing a dimensionalised trilogy eventually. I'm okay with doing post-process 3D, as long as someone takes the time. What I'm upset about is when a movie doesn't have the budget and the time to devote to it and they're not fine-tuning the detail of that, because it can look really bad and cheap. But I know that they wouldn't dimensionalise it unless it was a super meticulous process"

Wood also went on to talk about other films that are doing the format  conversion - "I mean, Titanic's coming out in 3D now, and Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, which means we have to wait three movies to get to the f***ing good s**t, it's unbelievable, I'm like, we have to wait three years for that? You're doing Episode I first? [frustrated squeal], what a bummer!"

Don't complain to us Elijah tell that to Uncle George

Wood will cameo in Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"/ The Hobbit: There and Back Again--prequels to LOTR which are already being shot in 3-D

No comments: