Friday, August 20, 2010

"There's Lots To Talk About"

Just because Jason Mayer's thriller The Pendant (trailer) had its big premiere last night doesn't mean I'm done talking about it....

Here are a few noteworthy bits about the experience:

*I was so happy to learn that the showing SOLD OUT and that about 100 folks had to be TURNED AWAY!

*I did attend the launch-- Got a chance to see some family that I had not seen for quite some time! And that's always fun!

*When Jay and Deven Lobascio arrived with their moms in a limo--It was easy to see that they were excited and yes a bit nervous as well...Can you blame them?

*I had the pleasure of meeting lead actress Kristy Richman's Mom...One of the nicest people I have met in a long time. As a result of our chatting I gave her my contact info and am planning to interview Kristy very soon for TLR! So excited for that!

And then it was time for Team Spontaneous to open the screening with a few words of thanks... the preliminaries and pleasantries over...It was time to watch The Pendant!

I am happy to report that the film is quite good! And I had a total blast of a time watching it!

With that though Someone asked me the other day 2 very important questions...that I need to address


How are you going to be able to remain objective about the pic if you are related to one of the guys who made it?

I spoke with Jay and Deven about that very thing--Telling them that I can separate it because of the trust level between us.

My experience 10 years ago and beyond gives me unique insights that others may not have...They both said they want me to be objective--Personally I think I would be doing them more of an injustice here if I were not honest with them and instead pumped them up under false pretenses... If I did not think I could be objective here I wouldn't even bring it up

Will you be reviewing the film and posting it?

Yes. But not before sharing my thoughts with Jay and Deven in person first--Keeping a promise I made to them weeks ago.....When they are ready...

Great night guys! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned...

No comments: