Monday, August 16, 2010

Readers Ask Me Questions


Celebration of the launch of Jason Mayer's thriller The Pendant (trailer) on TLR begins now!

First I would be remiss if I did not remind you of the launch deets:

The Rave Motion Pictures (formerly the Ritz) On Haddonfield-Berlin Road In Voorhees NJ on Thursday August 19th 2010 at 830 PM (doors open 8 PM)!

TIX 8.00

Be sure to follow the film on Twitter @thependant

Moving on....

Several of my readers have emailed me questions via thelastreel@comcast.net about the movie and my "involvement" since I began promoting the film here 2 months ago...Time now for some answers....

In your first post about [Director Jason Mayer Writer Deven Lobascio] you brought up the fact that you once made a film yourself--Are you ever going to tell us the story behind that and what happened with it?

I have brought up my film a few times before The Pendant came along on TLR--I'm a pretty private guy and some aspects of my experience were not that great--pretty dark in fact-and very personal to me. particularly at the end of the process--I can't see myself relating everything to you. Maybe select bits at some point.....But don't hold your breath for the full story...

Which one of the filmmakers are you related to?

I could tell you but then that reveals my last name--and again it's a privacy thing--Friends who read the blog obviously know the answer...I hope by saying that I feel as though I'm related to both Jason and Deven satisfies your question...and is ambiguous enough--still you have a 50/50 shot at being right if you guess...LOL

....Did you help out at all With The Pendant?

Nope! Not One Bit! My name is not on it...! Well er...OK my last name is on it...But...As I have said before I have put notions of ever making another movie well behind me.. I am content with my life as a non filmmaker who happens to know a lot on the subject--When I found out that the pic was happening it was already shot--And even if I were asked to help out on it I would have respectfully declined--Deven and Jay are talented enough to make things happen! And everything they've accomplished from the creative angle and beyond they did on their own with their team.Just an eager spectator here is all I am

I would also add that after their parents I'm probably their biggest fan.

How much did The Pendant cost to make?

Not my place to say--And even it were It's my belief that issues of budgets and costs on truly independent films should NEVER be divulged at least until after folks see it--Take my film for example...If I said my team and I shot it for x-$...and then you watch it--the figure is gonna take you out of story and might impact your enjoyment of the film...You will either think Wow! This is really good I can't believe it only cost Tom that much to make this film or Wow! This is REALLY BAD and I can tell Tom ONLY spent x $--If the budget is on the mind of a viewer--then they are not focused on what the film's offering- I think 3-D takes folks out of film in much the same way as they wait for things to pop out and wow them. The Pendant should rise or fall on its execution not over issues of money--Why risk losing an audience before they sit down to watch it

Will you be at the Premiere?

I'm saving that answer for tomorrow's post when I will reveal who just may be showing up...

The Team will be on the radio Tues 8/17 returning to WDBK 91.5 FM at 10 AM on the Blackwood campus of Camden County College!!

Tune In And Stay Tuned...

Thanks for your questions and support of Team Spontaneous and TLR--It's always much appreciated

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,
I always find your posts interesting. They give the reader just enough info to make it mysterious along with a touch of humor....while at the same time, finding ones self yearning to learn more about the subject. The Last Reel is always First on my blogs to read. Keep your posts coming!

Tom said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! They mean a lot! I suppose the Mystery stuff is a direct result of my film degree and the art of selling my point of view-w/o being overbearing