Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tales Of The Amazing Spider-Man

A scant 40 second clip has been released from "The Amazing Spider-Man" via the viral marketing site Mark of the Spider-Man.

In it  Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) tries to keep a certain item of his from being discovered:

I would have rather seen a little web swinging or wall crawling....



Meantime co-star Denis Leary talked about how he was never really a Spidey fan and yet seemingly born to Captain George Stacy just the same....


"I never read Spider-Man comics as a kid," Leary confessed to Hero Complex. "I was always more of a Batman guy. But my wife has always loved the Spider-Man character and found the working class ethos, the young teenager turning into a man melodrama and his orphan back story intriguing -- as did I once she'd introduced me to the series. He's far from a billionaire and he's born of this world -- it's easy to struggle to identify with."

"A good friend of mine -- comedian and actor Jeff Garlin, who I've known for about 90 years -- said when he first met me that I reminded him of George Stacy," Leary said. "True story. We were in our 20s at the time and I thought he was insane. After I got a call from director Marc Webb asking me to play the part, I called Jeff and filled him in on the news. His response? 'You never listen to me! Ever!'"

Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen Chris Zylka Emma Stone and Sally Field star.

The script penned by James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent sees the wall crawler take on the Lizard (Ifans). The reboot spins into theaters on July 3rd 2012 The sequel arrives in 2014.

No comments: