Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Raimi Has Yet To See "Amazing"

Out promoting March 8th's Oz The Great and Powerful original Spider-Man Trilogy director Sam Raimi tells The Huffington Post that he hasn't watched director Marc Webb's reboot The Amazing Spider-Man.


However-- if you were expecting there to be bad feelings from Raimi towards those involved with the restarter, think again. Raimi proves why he is a class act:

"Well, I'm a big Marc Webb fan and a giant fan of Emma Stone. And of Andrew Garfield… and I love the producers of that movie because they are dear friends, and the writer. But, I haven't had the guts to go see the movie yet. Because I don't want to go to my girlfriend's wedding. I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't have the guts. But, I hear it's great. My wife even loved the picture and said it was a wonderful, excellently produced, beautifully acted, brilliantly written Spider-Man picture. She'd tell me the truth and that's what she said. I think I handed the torch to Marc and I hear that he ran with it and succeeded and made a brilliant picture. I'm happy for him and all the team."

Webb is back calling action on "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to meet its May 2nd 2014 release date.

No comments: