Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bon Voyage Jason Christopher....

In five very short days Nobody Gets Out Alive director Jason Christopher will be making the BIG MOVE out to LA to continue his career...!!


And of course--like it not I have a few things I want to say....

When I met Jay shortly after my initial chat with Deven Lobascio about their film plans, and how TLR would fit in, we immediately hit it off. Jay has the film bug in a big way and it drives him to always want to do good work At the end of our first encounter I invited the dynamic duo to post on the blog anytime they wanted. Over the last few years Jay penned many posts here--Yes to promote his work--but also talk about his favorite flicks as well. His musings always garner an above average amount of page views and solid feedback.

Jay and I share a few key things in common:

A love of horror films and its genre history.
Each of us have a deceased parent from which spring many movie memories
A healthy sense of humor.
A keen interest in the process of film making.

I am super stoked that he is taking the plunge of course but it's still kinda bittersweet for me knowing that he will not be "Right Around The Corner" I will miss him. I truly feel like a younger sibling is leaving the nest. I hope he remembers that I am here to listen and offer counsel if need be. Fortunately he has a very supportive  family to cheer him on as well. He will be fine....

It has been an absolute pleasure to help him in the very small way that I have these past few years.--that said though--both he Deven helped me too in a very personal way that I will never be able to repay....

Jay please be careful out there. I wish you nothing but the best as you take this step. May the wind be ever and always at your back--And I swear on all that is holy that if you get into any serious trouble out there I will get on a plane and KICK YOUR ASS! You don't want that to happen...SERIOUSLY!!

You have a lot to offer the industry---be smart about your decisions--work hard and things will happen--never expect things to happen or that things will get handed to you--othewise the sharks will eat you up. Your talent is your best asset...use it....

Take care brother--With love and respect

The Pest

No comments: