Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Whedon Talks Twins And Big Bad For Avengers 2

Since we already know that  American Horror Story favorite Evan Peters will portray Quicksilver in director Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Some folks are wondering why writer/director Joss Whedon intends to use the character and his twin sister the Scarlet Witch in "The Avengers 2"

Marvel and 20th Century Fox  are in the middle of a legal tussle over the twins since they are involved in both X-Men and The Avengers lore--but the films reside at different studios.


Appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Whedon said:

"There are new characters. I’ve already said that we’re going to have a brother-sister team, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who were great mainstays of The Avengers when I was reading the comics as a kid… Their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers. ‘I can hit,’ ‘I can also hit.’ Hopefully it didn’t get too boring. But coming into the second one, he’s got super speed. She can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There’s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh."

 He also talked with Empire recently about the film's villain:

"I'm very excited about the villain, and have a lot to say about him. But if you watch my shows, the one thing I've never been very good at is guest stars, because I've always been interested in the ensemble. With The Avengers, I'm still most fascinated by them. The other thing is, you don't try to top it. I know I will never make a moment as pleasing in a film as Hulk and Loki. You can't chase that dragon. If you try to do exactly the same thing, the chances you're going to do it better are very slim, and the only reason for me to devote three years to making another Avengers movie is the hope of making a better one."

No comments: