Wednesday, April 09, 2014

DC Will Not Do Things The Marvel Way

Marvel has had great success with their release model of comic book based films and building a Cinematic Universe...You would think that DC Entertainment and Warner Bros would simply employ the same strategy right? .

"Man Of Steel" writer David S. Goyer tells IGN that there isn't a plan to create a more cohesive DC Cinematic Universe just yet:

"It's too early. I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive. There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it's really, really early. I'm not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I'm not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. Its just been vague conversations so far."


Asked if watching how the Marvel universe is unfolding both at its own studio, at Fox, and Sony Pictures affects his approach to material, Goyer says:

"I know this is going to sound cheap, but I don't really. There's just our approach to how we want to tell a story, and hopefully we can convince Warner Bros. or whatnot of that. We don't sit in a room with cigars and say, 'Look at what these guys are doing!' It doesn't work that way. I don't know... We've been pretty lucky with the films we've done so far. I think right now it's just kind of, 'More of the same, please.'"

No comments: