Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hartnett Is Back: Explains Why He Turned Down Superman


Actor Josh Hartnett is on the stump for Showtime's cable series Penny Dreadful and spoke with Details about the time when he was offered the lead role in Bryan Singer's 2006 pseudo-sequel to the director Richard Donner started series "Superman Returns" starring :Brandon Routh

"Spider-Man was something we talked about. Batman was another one. But I somehow knew those roles had potential to define me, and I didn't want that. I didn't want to be labeled as Superman for the rest of my career. I was maybe 22, but I saw the danger. I didn't have those agents for much longer after that. There was a lot of infighting between my manager and agents, trying to figure out who to put the blame on. It got to the point where none of us were able to work together."

If a similar offer were to made today?

Hartnett says: "I'd say, 'Let's talk about how it would be done, see if we can get on the same page.' Compromise doesn't scare me anymore."

Hartnet has also explained why he quit Hollywood and moved back to Minnesota.

The vampire series Penny Dreadful premieres May 11th at 10:00 PM

No comments: