Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jackman Says Next "Wolverine" Will Be His Last

On the stump for Bryan Singer's "X-Men Days of Future Past" Hugh Jackman tells SFX that he still hasn't signed on for the as yet Untitled Wolverine Sequel. He adds that even if he does the movie it will be his final outing as the clawed mutant Wolverine:

"I don't know yet. We're talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me."


He confirmed that he and "The Wolverine" director James Mangold are currently considering adapting  Mark Millar's Old Man Logan storyline, but nothing has been decided on yet.

"Of course we're looking at Old Man Logan, because that may be the only option left at this point! [laughs] We are looking at a lot of different storylines. No one has jumped out. You can tell from my answer that we're still working it out."

 Fox has hired screenwriter David James Kelly to write the script for the film--The sequel already has a release date of  March 3rd 2017

It's seems to be the right time to talk about Wolverine's end since last week Marvel had announced the 'Death of Wolverine'--a four-part series due this September--where Logan will be stripped of his healing powers.

No comments: