Monday, July 21, 2014

No Great Time Leap For "Apes 3"

While there is a ten year time jump from the events in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and the recent sequel "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" director  Matt Reeves, tells The Playlist that the third film in the rebooted franchise will not feature such a major leap forward:

"I don't necessarily think that there will be as big a leap between films. I see Caesar as a seminal figure in ape history and he's a mythic character. He's essentially like their Moses and I think Caesar having to grapple with what it means to engage in this conflict that he doesn't really want to be a part of and how that cuts at his core is going to be one of the great challenges for the character. I also think it's a generational story. He has children and I think it's going to be... to me there are many chapters of this mythic ape journey towards the original 1968 movie."

No comments: