Friday, July 25, 2014

SDCC 2014: Day 1 News Notes

San Diego Comic-Con is here! And while I would love to give each news item its own post...As a staff of one--that's impossible-given my responsibilities away from the blog. I am up way too late and up way too early as it is...

What follows is the first film news highlight post for SDCC weekend.. Similar posts will follow as the event rolls on...BIG news items will get special attention as warranted! I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @TheLastReel and on Facebook as The Last Reel too.


--VIDEO: How Nathan Fillion Became Captain Kirk, Chris Hardwick Went 'Back to the Future'

-- Christopher Nolan Makes Surprise Appearance to Promote 'Interstellar' 

-- Stan Lee Abruptly Cancels Appearance

-- Benedict Cumberbatch Brings Charm to DreamWorks Animation Panel--In June runors suggested that Cmberbatch was circling to play the title role in Marvel's long gestating Doctor Strange movie. MTV caught up with him to ask if there was any truth to it:

"As far as I'm aware, even if that was the case, it couldn't work out because I'm doing a little play called 'Hamlet' in a little town called London. So I don't think I could even if that was in the cards. It sounds like a fantastic project. It's a shame if I miss out, but who knows?"

When asked if he had been in any discussions for the role, he said: "I couldn't possibly comment."

- 'Doctor Who' Showrunner: Peter Jackson Will 'Probably' Direct a Future Episode

-- See Tricia Helfer and Zachary Levi as 'Princess Bride's' Buttercup and Westley

-- See 'Walking Dead's' Norman Reedus and Gale Ann Hurd as the Men in Black

-- 'Firefly' Cast Reunite for Online Game (Video)

That's all for now....

No comments: