Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Bill Murray Casts The All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie

Appearing at the Toronto International Film Festival, to promote the dramedy St. Vincent actor Bill Murray is tells Access Hollywood and the Toronto Star (via Schmoes Know) that he is all for the idea of turning Ghostbusters III into an all female reboot:

"It sounds great to me. It sounds as good an idea as any other. There are a lot of women that could scare off any kind of vapor. No, it's a grand idea, I don't know who they're talking about, but it's a good idea, I would watch it.  I mean, I love Robert Palmer's videos, so why wouldn't I love the female Ghostbusters?"


He also offered some of his own casting suggestions and ideas based on some of the rumors that have been swirling so far:

Melissa [McCarthy] would be a spectacular Ghostbuster. And Kristen Wiig is so funny - God, she's funny. I like this girl Linda Cardellini a lot. And Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there."

If  Sony Pictures goes down that route--Bill's suggestions are perfect!!

Murray just worked with McCarthy on "St. Vincent".

McCarthy was asked about the idea: "Oh, my God, that's daunting. That's taking on a legend, a legendary movie. But I would do anything with those ladies, anything at all."

She does admit though that: "nobody has talked to me about it."

The Lego Movie" helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller were eyed for the gig but could not ink a deal. Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II director Ivan Reitman skipped out on calling action for the film in the Spring after the passing of co-star Harold Ramis...

"Bridesmaids" and "The Heat" director Paul Feig has reportedly shown interest in taking on the project, but no formal negotiations have taken place and a lot of details have to be worked out for it to happen.

Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg penned the original script which has since been reworked.

No comments: