Saturday, March 28, 2009

From Hero To God

Comics creator Mark Millar (Wanted) had an eight-hour trilogy plan to reboot the "Superman" film franchise looks like it wont be happening.

All I can say is yahoo!

Millar told Slashfilm, this week that not only did the studio nix his pitch premise, but the whole franchise is still very much stalled:

"Warner’s talked to us and a few other writer/ director teams, but things seem to be in stasis right now. As far as I understand, nothing is happening with Superman at the moment and so the director and I are just working on another project. If it happens, great. If it doesn’t, no biggie. Kick-Ass taught me that creating your own stuff can be at least as much fun and you don’t have to answer to anyone. It’s the future, baby.”

Personally I thought his plans for Supes were terrible...

Is the director he refers to Matthew Vaughn and the project "American Jesus"an adaptation of Millar's "Chosen"? The news via The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments: