Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dangling Date

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is still some 3 months away from its June 24th release (bumped up 2 days from its original debut of June 26th) and...

The suits at Paramount had officially scheduled Transformers 3 to open on July 1st 2011 in the US, the only release currently set for the Independence Day weekend.

Not so fast says franchise director Michael Bay on his blog:

I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots"

I can see why the studio is hungry to keep the gravy train moving here--But I agree with Bay--He wants and should be allowed to take a break--to recharge his batteries--keeping the tentpole series more viable. Churning sequels out too quickly is not always a good thing. Helps build anticipation and buzz.

Why worry anyway? Just as long as we see shots of Megan Fox in between bots/battles It's worth the wait...!

No comments: