Friday, September 12, 2014

TV's Arrow Brings In It's Own "Justice League"

Some time ago the star of The CW's popular Arrow TV series Stephen Amell posted a "Justice League" comic image on his official Facebook page...


It has been clearly established that the series and its cousin show "The Flash" starring Grant Gustin that premieres next month  (Watch an extended trailer) are NOT part of the DC Cinematic Universe and its Justice League film.

Amell appeared at Fan Expo Canada weekend and told CBR that the network is essentially forming its own incarnation of a DC hero team-up:

"We are creating a Justice League on TV for us. I don't think there is a logistical reality to us participating in the feature side. That being said, I never wanted to have to feel like the show was justified, just because we participated in the movie. I don't think my character would participate on the cinematic side. What's that saying? Is it six seasons and a movie? Our show right now has me, Arsenal, Flash. There's going to be Firestorm and The Atom. The Justice League elements of it are very present on our shows ['Arrow and The Flash] already."

 "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh plays the Atom on Arrow while Stephen's cousin Robbie Amell will play Firestorm on The Flash series.

With Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman all appearing in Zack Snyder's upcoming superhero team-up film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". Amell says he'd like another founding member of the league to pop up first on his show-Green Lantern
.
"Now, boy we've referenced Ferris Air a lot. It would be really cool to have Green Lantern. Hopefully, that happens. I have no inside information, unless I do."

With production on the third season underway, Amell says his favorite part of the season so far have been his interactions with Roy (Colton Haynes) who becomes the hero Arsenal:

"That is my favorite part about Season 3 so far. The relationship between Colton Haynes' character and my character, we're in a really good spot. We're in a big brother/little brother spot. We have been trying to find little moments where I do everything short of giving him a noogie."

It's no secret that I think Arrow is one of the BEST shows on TV right now---I am excited for the new season to start on October 7th. Bring it!!

No comments: