Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Looking For A New "Job"

While out stumping for his October 16th flick Law Abiding Citizen, director F. Gary Gray tells Coming Soon that a long in development sequel to his hit 2003 remake of The Italian Job is still on but...

The future of the sequel depends very much on the studio's will at this point -"I think it's really just about getting the material in the right place. Sequels are tough and you always want to top the original, and I think that's where the energy is being put into developing a script that is just as good, if not better, than the first."

He would love to come back and direct the follow up:

"...If you're on a movie it depends on scheduling, that whole thing, but I certainly hope so. I loved directing that movie. It was a lot of fun, and I think people would want to hang out with that crew again and go on another ride, definitely."

Am I the only one who thought the '03 remake was just OK?

No comments: