Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Whedon Dismisses "Planet Hulk" Notion

Talking to IGN  Joss Whedon has denied recent chatter that a "Planet Hulk" stand-alone film is part of phase three of Marvel's master plan.


Whedon says: "Well I'm really not supposed to comment, but no, that's nonsense."

The rumor suggested that we would see Mark Ruffalo's Hulk lost in space. This would allow for the character's solo feature film that would be based on the 2006 comic fan favorite storyline - "Planet Hulk". The story has already been adapted for the small screen in 2010 The plot has Hulk becoming a gladiatorial champion on an alien world..

The script is not done for "The Avengers 2", and Whedon says the sequel will take its cues from classic sequels in other genres:

"I've got the next story, and it's a corker. I haven't even been thinking in terms of superhero movies. The films I've been thinking about are The Godfather: Part II and Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. Those are the stars by which I chart my course."

"The Avengers 2" is expected to be in cinemas in 2015.

No comments: