Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jonny Boy?

OK the weird casting rumors keep a coming today.

The IESB reports that High School Musical stud Zac Efron is being linked to play the lead in the upcoming Jonny Quest flick.

As created Jonny Quest is a 12 year old adventurer!

While the appeal of casting Efron is certainly understandable-He would bring tween gals to the theatre-Why would you need to make the character older? Zac can't play 12 at 21...

The site also reports that Dwayne Johnson is up for the role Johnny's bodyguard Race Bannon

Johnson told Moviehole:

"I don't know if you've read the latest (draft) but it's awesome and it's badass and I haven't read, this is what I told everyone over at Warner Bros., and I love the studio too by the way, you know, I had my experience with them with Get Smart and they were great, I hadn't read an action script like that in a long time. And that action was unbelievable. That will happen."

Johnson's "Race To Witch Mountain" (hitting theaters on March 13) director Andy Fickman is also looking to helm Quest

Official word on the project is expected sometime next month.

No comments: