Wednesday, November 10, 2010

For Supes' Sake

The Coventry Telegraph spoke with Bryan Singer and asked the director of Superman Returns for this thoughts on Zack Snyder's directing Superman: Man of Steel

Singer said: "At the time I left, it would be more odd than it is now. Because it's been four years, my brain is so occupied. I'm sort of like a tennis ball - I bounced from the X-Men to Superman and back to  X-Men [producing  X-Men: First Class] so I've been in that world a while, and then I'm doing this other film [Jack the Giant Killer] at Warners, which is where I did Superman, so I'm with the same people."

"So now it makes sense. It's a movie I would want to see, I think Zack's so talented and I applaud Warner and Legendary for choosing somebody who's a filmmaker and not necessarily just a shooter."

Singer added: "It's Superman, it's gonna be made over and over in one form or another, and I'm sure Zack won't be the last person to touch it either, so in a way it's not in my mind any more. It would have been two and a half years ago."

Very diplomatic answer--Still I'm sure Singer has a few what might have been moments had he continued on

The story also mentions current casting rumors for Supes such as Joe Manganiello, John Cena and Dwayne Johnson....Ugh!

No comments: