Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting Into Character

No surprise here Emma Stone will NOT be joining her  Superbad pal Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum for the  21 Jump Street flick


I don't think I'm going to be part of that, but Jonah is one of my favorite people in the entire world," she told  MTV--This is due of course to her playing Gwen Stacy in the Untitled Spider-Man Reboot

She’s ready for the Spidey challenge opposite Andrew Garfield’s Peter Parker...

"The way I have to approach it, and I think Andrew would agree, is just like any other movie. You're going to put the same amount of focus into this that you would with anything. It just happens to be an exponentially bigger budget. So there's that. It'll probably feel different when we start to do press, but we won't have to deal with that for another year and a half. And there are harnesses I'm going to have to use in this one. That's the only difference. Just the harnesses.

Stone also talks hair.“ I went and did hair tests, because I have blonde hair now since Gwen has blonde hair. My natural hair is blonde, so it's kind of nice. I looked in the mirror and said, ‘Oh my god, it's me again, it's been so long!’ We're finalizing the visual stuff. And I think we'll start actually rehearsing, because we start shooting in two weeks. Andrew and I went and learned about science yesterday. Gwen really likes science, so we learned about science. I was home-schooled, so I never went to chemistry class in a traditional setting like Gwen is into. That was really beneficial.”

And finally on pleasing Spider-fans....

I have such respect for the world of comic book fans. I've been to Comic-Con for Zombieland, and zombie fans are a very specific kind of fan base. And my absolute favourite kinds of people in the world are people that are passionate about something. And if there's protective of something they're passionate about it, I can completely relate because there and things I'm passionate about and protective of. There's a part of me that really wants to please people that love Spider-Man or Gwen Stacy and want her to be done justice. I hope they'll give me license to interpret her my way.

I think Stone will be OK here--She shines wherever she goes....Still Fanboys can be a tough bunch....

Stone will begin shooting next month on  Marc Webb's Spidey pic for a July 3, 2012 debut.

No comments: