Monday, March 26, 2012

Liebesman On Titans, Battle Sequels, And More....

As Friday's release of  the sequel Wrath of the Titans is up looms, director  Jonathan Liebesman tells Collider that he would indeed come back for another 'Titans' film but it will depend on the studio suits.


The film revolves around Perseus’s (Sam Worthington) rescue of Zeus (Liam Neeson) from Ares (Edgar Ramirez) and Hades (Ralph Fiennes). Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy and Danny Huston also star.

I loved working on the movie, it’s up to them. To work with Sam and Liam and Ralph  it was honestly an honor for like an idiot like me, so I loved it.” he says.

Screenwriters Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson penned 'Wrath'

Liebesman was also asked about the possibilty of a potential sequel to his alien invasion pic "Battle: Los Angeles":

We’ve just started the script now, so that’s where we are. We have just begun the script. Just because I don’t want the studio to get pissed at me, I’m not sure what I can and can’t say about it. But what’s exciting is it sounds like the budget will be as big. They’re really going to make it an event.”

I say meh to any talk of a Battle sequel....

Finally he was asked about 2 historical pics that he's linked to-"Odysseus" and an as yet Untitled Julius Caesar Project:

I’m not attached to Odysseus but Caesar I’m doing with Basil [Iwanyk], who produced Wrath, and that script is coming along exceptionally. That is a movie I want to have the right tools, the right actor, the right everything for. So we’re writing it now… I think Caesar’s something that has to be in the vein of Ben-Hur, just a real epic"

No comments: