Friday, October 05, 2012

31 Days Of Horror Day 5: Friday The 13th Part III

Jason Christopher is back...This time to make the case for the 3-D enhanced sequel Friday the 13th Part III as this special month long event celebrating horror movies continues!

Not the first one, not the second one, and sure as hell not Jason X. The third Friday The 13th in 3D is my favorite of the franchise. It’s even in my top five favorite horror movies in general. Something about this one it’s just so entertaining, maybe because it’s because Jason finds his legendary mask in this one.


The story follows a group of kids that go camping for the weekend but get murdered by a revenge seeking mad man. Sounds like my movie!  The 3rd Friday has characters you sort of care about. You got Debbie, who’s pregnant; My film has Michelle, who has a kid. The main, Vera, is dealing with a difficult past. Jenn, has the same thing! I completely ripped off this movie! (laughs)

The other directors in the franchise, aside from creator Sean S. Cunningham, can go somewhere--that is except for Steve Miner. I’ve always enjoyed Miner’s movies. He make’s real fun entertaining movies. I never got to see the movie in its 3D incarnation until I bought the Blu Ray. The DVD I had just contained the standard film and you can see where they would do the angles for it to be in 3D. When I got the Blu Ray, It was pretty cool to see an 80’s movie in 3D.







Miner later directed Halloween: H20.

Friday The 13th Part 1 is awesome. The second one is pretty good as well. The third one is my favorite. The fourth one is good. The fifth one was pretty much where the franchise started going down hill. Part 3, Jason finds his mask! That’s the whole turning point to the franchise! It took till the third movie, to have something so iconic, weird, right? We all must thank Shelly for that. And, Traci Savage is hot as hell in this movie. Yeah, the one that’s pregnant with no baby bump. I think she was my little kid movie crush, no I’m lying, she’s still my movie crush.

If you never seen Friday The 13th, I wouldn’t start off with this one but definitely watch the first three. They’re definitely the best in the franchise. What’s next on my list?!

26 days left till Halloween.

-Jay


Jay will return same time tomorrow with another review in his series...

No comments: