Monday, October 01, 2012

Oscars '13 Seth Gets The Job As Host

In an official Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences press release, it's confirmed that "Family Guy" creator and "Ted" director Seth MacFarlane will host the 85th Academy Awards® telecast February 24th 2013 on ABC

We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars. His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh,” said producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. “He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him.”

It’s truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars,” said MacFarlane. “My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don’t find out I hosted the and Charlie Sheen Roast.”

No comments: