Monday, November 18, 2013

Colin Farrell Talks World of Warcraft Flick

It's been some time since we have heard anything new on "Warcraft", the long time coming feature film adaptation of the MMORPG "World of Warcraft" franchise.

“World of Warcraft” is a fantasy based video game set in the world of Azeroth, a kingdom full of elves, dwarves, gnomes, orcs and trolls.

Colin Farrell, Paula Patton (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol) and former model turned actor Travis Fimmel have been linked to the pic while Paul Dano, Anton Yelchin and Anson Mount were circling the part that Fimmel seemingly has.

Sam Raimi and screenwriter Robert Rodat ("Saving Private Ryan") previously completed at least a 40-page treatment and then departed last year.

"The Seventh Son" and "Blood Diamond" scribe Charles Leavitt has taken over writing duties for  "Moon" and "Source Code" director Duncan Jones who will call action.

Tull, Jon Jashni, Charles Roven and Alex Gartner will be producing.

Production is slated to begin in February.

Out doing press for his December 20th feature "Saving Mr. Banks" IGN asked Farrell if he could talk about the role he plays in the film.


He responded:

"Can I? I probably shouldn’t. I don’t even know, actually, I’ll just say that! I don’t even know. We were just talking, and Duncan just said, ‘There might be something in it for you! And I said, ‘Catering?’"

Asked about how he became involved with the film, he says:

"I sat with Duncan for awhile and read the script, loved the script, and we was as cool as can be. I don’t know what’s happening with the film. I don’t know where they are in the process."

Why did he decide to do a big-budget fantasy film like this, a genre that Farrell has really been involved with until now:

"It’s just a world that I never explored — and it’s a really big and fantastical world. I can’t imagine what he, being as visually gifted as he is, Duncan, and what he did on ‘Moon’ with, like, a dime, I can’t imagine what he’d do with this 'Warcraft.'"

No comments: