Saturday, November 23, 2013

Winona Ryder On Beetlejuice 2 And The Return Of Lydia

Actress Winona Ryder talked to The Daily Beast about her involvement in the sequel Beetlejuice 2.


Ryder was just 17 years old when she starred as Lydia Deetz in the 1988 original film for director Tim Burton.

The character remains one of her most well known roles, a fact that's not lost on Ryder:

"It's a very precious movie to people... that's one of those movies where little kids stop me. I'm so associated with it. I think it gave me my career. I was such a weird looking kid."

Ryder adds : "I’m kind of sworn to secrecy, but it sounds like it might be happening. It's not a remake, it's 27 years later. And I have to say, I love Lydia so much. She was such a huge part of me. I would be really interested in what she is doing 27 years later. [But] I would never go near [a sequel] if it was not [with]Tim and [star] Michael [Keaton]."

Seth Grahame-Smith is writing the script.

No comments: