Saturday, November 16, 2013

Jackman Keen On "Chaperone" And Wolverine Sequel

Hugh Jackman told  EW that he's in early talks to star in a big screen adaptation of the 1998 Tony Award-winning parody musical "The Drowsy Chaperone"

The story concerns a middle-aged, anti-social musical theater fan. While playing the record of his favorite musical, the (fictional) 1928 hit The Drowsy Chaperone, the show comes to life on stage and he wryly comments on the music, story, and actors.

 Should he sign on, Jackman would play the Latin lover Aldolpho.

 Talking about the gig he says:

"I loved the original production on Broadway—incredibly funny and terrific, great fun. I was not sure how that would translate [on film], but the script at the moment is wonderful. I think they’re trying to put the movie together, I don’t think it’s fully together yet, but they are talking to me about it, and I’m very interested in it."


Meantime it was announced that Fox was moving forward with a Wolverine Sequel and that "The Wolverine" director James Mangold is tipped to return
.
Jackman's contract with the studio ends with his appearance in Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past", therefore if he does return to the role the deal will have to be re-negotiated.

 To hear Jackman--he sounds like he is up for it:

"I was on the phone with Jim Mangold last night. There are some really cool ideas that I’m dying to tell you, but that would be giving away a secret that is not even [fully] formed yet. I do want to do it with Jim and with [producer] Lauren Shuler Donner because we had such a great experience. I’m really proud of "The Wolverine". [However] I don’t want to dive into another one until we have a compelling reason to do another one. I love the character, he’s kind of like a best friend to me, and I don’t ever want to take [him] or the fans for granted. … I think we’ve got a great opportunity to make something really cool, but it has to be great. That’s what we’re all working toward."

No comments: