Thursday, April 10, 2014

X-Men Movies: A Mystique Solo Film?; Yes Please...!!

Fox is said to be once again seriously considering the idea of individual X-Men spin-off movies in addition to two more film series entries X-Men: Apocalypse and a Wolverine Sequel already in the pipeline.

The studio's previous attempt at a spin-off was muted with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Now, producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells EW that she's up for trying again:

"There was a regime [at the studio] that didn't see the worth in [spin-offs], and the current people who run Fox understand, embrace it, and we're going to do right by it. I'd like to do Gambit. I'd like to do Deadpool. We'll see. There's a lot of really great characters."

I like X-Men Days of Future Past writer/producer Simon Kinberg choice better- Mystique: "I love what  Jen Lawrence has done with her, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there's so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo."

No comments: