Thursday, February 04, 2010

Web Spinning?

Speaking with Access Hollywood, young actor Logan Lerman, star of February 12th flick Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief says that he’s in early discussions to play Peter Parker in the as yet Untitled Spider-Man Reboot:

Or is he? The 18 year old says...

It’s just, you know, conversations are starting. It’s a long process with the studio and the producers and everything. But it’s definitely a project that I’m really interested in, of course. I’d love to focus on the human element a little bit more. It’d be such a fun experience.”

That's odd. I thought the films with Tobey Maguire had plenty of the "human element"...

Beyond that Lerman has had a solid career with solid parts in 3:10 to Yuma and TV's short lived but excellent "Jack & Bobby" I can even forgive him for The Number 23...I digress.

He said he was a hardcore fan of the webbed one "It's one of my favourite characters ever and I'm a huge fan of the series. I'm definitely very interested in it"

The Hollywood Reporter reports that the studio suits deny any “business discussions” took place with Lerman and “no offers have been made to anyone"

Right now the studio is compiling a list of candidates, Lerman is on that list.

Stay Tuned...

The next Spider-Man film, directed by Marc Webb, is due in theaters by 2012

No comments: