Friday, January 23, 2009

Joe James And Sienna

Stephen Sommers tells Entertainment Weekly--his upcoming G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra that the Sir Sean Connery era of James Bond films inspired the film.

"It's funny now how Bond wants to be Bourne. I loved Quantum Of Solace, but it was like, man, this is a completely different movie to the Bonds I grew up with. In a very contemporary way, 'G.I. Joe' is inspired by the memory of the kind of movies I saw when I was younger."

He then reveals a big scene from the film saying "I remember being in the theater for 'Thunderball ' and the big underwater battle at the end of that movie just blew my socks off. In 'G.I. Joe' there's an underwater battle under the polar icecap that's Thunderball times 10."

Channing Tatum The New Type of Bond?



I too miss that Connery swagger that embodied his 007...

He also dissed reports that he told Sienna Miller to use bra inserts to boost her bust - "I guess the costume department gave her a tight fitting bra, but no one gave her rubber breasts or whatever. It is 100 percent Sienna Miller."

Thank God...!!

No comments: