Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Abolish Polish

On the set of Jonah Hex this past week--Josh Brolin told Coming Soon that he is developing a project about John Brown, an American Abolitionism pioneer who killed five Southern slave-owners before the start of the American Civil War.

"The script was already out there; I read the script, I loved it. It would be a very tough character for me to play. We're going to do some tests once I'm done with this, but it's a great script and story. Somebody who I know, because of Howard Zinn's thing [the documentary The People Speak], and I know the character really well.

"[Writer] Mark Gordon and I had a conversation, and we said, 'Let's do this, let's get this done.'

"People have been wanting to do it forever and there's a lot of directors who'd love to be involved, so I think now's the time" says Brolin.

Brolin has a few more weeks of work on "Hex" before heading to England to star in Woody Allen's next film ...

No comments: