Sunday, August 08, 2010

Purgatory Road


"Road to Perdition" author Max Allan Collins says that things are "right on the brink" of a deal being signed for a sequel to the 2002 film adaptation to get the go ahead reports Movieweb.

"Things have gotten very, very serious and I have, for years, held onto it as a project I would direct.. It does look like, now, that I won't be directing, but it is my script. That's the most important thing to me, that the material be faithfully rendered" says Collins

Called "Road to Purgatory" and set ten years later, the story follows the child character Michael Sullivan Jr. (Tyler Hoechlin) seeking vengeance for the death of his father (Tom Hanks).

A director hasn't been signed yet--Maybe Sam Mendes will be free?, but Collins says "we've been approached and the offer seems to be very, very serious. We have signed a round of paper but it is not nailed down yet and it looks to be pretty interesting."

No comments: