Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MOS: Cavill Likes Red Son & Workout Tips

As you know Henry Cavill been busy on the Vancouver set of Zack Snyder's big budget reboot Superman: Man of Steel these past weeks but he has had some time--both to promote Immortals and talk Supes

In a recent interview with The LA Times' Hero Complex Blog Cavill told them that the popular alterate-universe comic book Red Son by Mark Millar was crucial to his understanding of the character.

In the Superman's rocketship lands in Russia instead of Smallville USA


"With Red Son, I thought it was interesting as a different perspective. It was out there and I like that. It was essential to my character research, too. When you've got two polar opposite viewpoints of the same character, you will see what the authors consider the important baseline trend. I got to see that and see the different ways he would have developed and that was very useful to me. And because we are retelling the story and we are doing our own reinvention and a modernization for the screen, I get the opportunity to add my own interpretation of how he developed."



Cavill also talked about his workout that he followed to get in shape for the part as well.

"It's incredibly hard work at some points" he continues. "I'm just coming off of a 45-day lean because there were various shirtless scenes that I'm sure you probably saw online over the past month. To lean and to train and to work 12 hours a day is taxing on the willpower and the body, but the stuff we're getting is fantastic and really, really fun. And I get to wake up every morning and say, 'I'm Superman.' I'm not complaining."

MOS co-stars Michael Shannon Amy Adams Kevin Costner Diane Lane Antje Traue Christopher Meloni Harry Lennix Laurence Fishburne Russell Crowe and Ayelet Zurer.

David S. Goyer wrote the first screenplay draft based on a story he concocted with Christopher Nolan with bro Jonah Nolan taking a crack at the task as well Kurt Johnstad did rewrites

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas Deborah Snyder, and Nolan will be producers on the film.

MOS flies into theaters June 14th 2013.

No comments: