Friday, November 25, 2011

TDKR: Inside Empire's Article II-Hardy Talks Bats Staredown

The actor who plays the badass Bane Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, says he was 'intimidated' by Christian Bale's Batman.

Here's more from that Empire Magazine cover story:

Hardy admits he found the fight choreography overwhelming at times.

"When you’re training in a rehearsal room you go, OK, I have a contact with seven people," he says. "This guy I chin, this one I slip and I punch, this one I pick up and suplex, this guy I kick in the face and this one, he stops a hammer with his head. And then I meet Batman. That’s all alright in a rehearsal room, but then you add 1,000 people that are all dressed the same as the seven you’re supposed to hit."

Still, Hardy insists the most daunting task of the shoot was going head to head with Bale.

"He looks really intimidating, There’s a three-year-old in me that’s going, ‘Oh my God that’s Batman! That’s Batman and he’s going to hit me! But I love Batman!' Then I look in the mirror. And I hit him back. Twice as hard.

Nolan adds. "It’s a very powerful thing when you see it come together, beyond what I had ever imagined," he says. "That’s what you get from working with great actors.


Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt Marion Cotillard Josh Pence, Alon Aboutboul and Nestor Carbonell star along with return of the trilogy's ensemble cast such as Morgan Freeman Gary Oldman and Michael Caine Cillian Murphy might be making a cameo

Matthew Modine Tom Conti 11-year-old actress Joey King Daniel Sunjata Diego Klattenhoff Christopher Judge "CSI: Miami" co-star Adam Rodriguez and Burn Gorman take on secondary roles. Rob Brown and Italian actor Massi Furlan have small roles in the film as well

Nolan calls action on the DKR from a screenplay he wrote with bro Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Nolan and David S. Goyer

The sequel is set to hit theaters on July 20th, 2012..

No comments: